Email me!

tina@livelovephotography.com

Kool and the Gang

Kool and the Gang
I am a wife and mother of two. I am a hairstylist and own a studio salon. I love hair, beauty, fashion, and photography! A few other things I love: Baskin Robbins, flan, anything with cream cheese, being outdoors, children and babies, fat baby feet, puppy breath, bright colors, fake eyelashes, Sarcasm, backpack purses, any dance show, anything that is practical yet with a punch!

Labels

Monday, August 10, 2009

Jasmine Star Workshop: Part One

I'm back!! Betcha didn't even know I was gone huh? Cause I am sneaky like that and set up auto-posts! I am so 2000-and-late and still am the only working photographer without a laptop! I had to check my emails daily from the Laguna Beach public library. I guess whatever gets you to the beach right?? But it was actually nice to be kinda unplugged.


I have been setting little goals. And since I am very limited on money and time, I told myself if I book so many family sessions or another wedding, I can get more gear or go to a workshop. When Jasmine's first workshop happened, I didn't even know who she was yet. Then I signed up for her newsletter and got the notice for her 2nd workshop before it went public. I contemplated going then but ....yeah that sold out in a millisecond. So I told myself I am going to go to her next workshop, and since I get her newletter I will be one of the first to be notified. Well the day it was announced I wasn't notified......Burn! She had technical problems and no one was notified and it went public instead. So the minute I saw it on her blog I jumped at the chance! I either am really lucky I got in or it just solidifies that I have no life except to sit at my computer waaaay too much. I felt like I won the lottery!

I had an amazing time in Orange County learning alongside with so many other photographers. The only thing I do regret is not staying with everyone at the hotel. My family came along with me and we have a place to stay there. So I didn't get that extra time with everyone on a more intimate level. There were so many cool people! I get a little anxious and either don't talk or talk too much. And I think I may have talked too much at the dinners! Then the day of the workshop we go around and introduce ourselves and tell our story. Everyone has these great little monologues and all I say is..... Hi I am Tina....ummm..... Jasmine literally had to finish my sentence and say ........and she is from Arizona and has stagefright..... Feeling like and Arse Part 3!

Having the opportunity to meet Jasmine in person was priceless. She is everything she represents on her blog and more. All around beautiful, hilarious, grounded, smart........but most importantly REAL. The workshop focused on Branding and what defines you. That is a hard question! Because truly at the end of the day we are no better photographers than the next person. So what makes you special?? What makes you stand out?? I guess you can ask yourself this question even if you aren't a photographer. I am still trying to find the answer and not quite sure what I am looking for either! Most of you who read her blog knows she makes up her own words. She actually has her own catchphrases that are HILAR! My favorite is still Don't fake the Funk people! All I can say to that is WORD sista.


The starlet in action.....




Showing us how it is done ANTM style........Tyra would be proud.......that expression......Now that is ferosh......



Jasmine's gun show............



I love this one. She looks so adorable with her freckles! Here she is with the talented photographer/entrepauner Bernie Aho from Canada, whom I unfortunately didn't get that much time to talk to but love his work......



Now some sneaky peeks of the shoot coming up tomorrow with all the yummy details..........


9 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! The pictures look great!

Anonymous said...

so awesome! i heart jasmine's work so much...and your stuff rocks tina!!! i need to book you when i come to az! were you at the montage there? we live about 5 miles from there. would have loved to go to the workshop too!!! celeste

Jenny Bishop said...

Lucky lucky girl!! I would love to go to J*'s workshop!! Can't wait to see the next post! Love the photos! :)

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

How fun! Good for you! Looking forward to seeing all the pictures!

PS. What's up with the stache? It's making me giggle.

Live.Love. Photography said...

I love his style and rockin' stache!! They are a married couple that J* shot a few years ago. The bride is gorgeous!!! And they were the cutest couple!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are awesome, Tina!! Excellent job!!

Kelvin Leung said...

What is a great learning experience! Tina, you shots are great!

cassandra-m said...

AWESOME Tina!!!! Sounds like you had a blast! So happy to run across your post.

Unknown said...

LOVE these..especially that last one!! SO good!! :D Lost BOTH posts!! :D Really... great job!! :D I miss your faceeee!