Email me!

tina@livelovephotography.com

Kool and the Gang

Kool and the Gang
I am a wife and mother of two. I am a hairstylist and own a studio salon. I love hair, beauty, fashion, and photography! A few other things I love: Baskin Robbins, flan, anything with cream cheese, being outdoors, children and babies, fat baby feet, puppy breath, bright colors, fake eyelashes, Sarcasm, backpack purses, any dance show, anything that is practical yet with a punch!

Labels

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jasmine Star workshop: Part Deux

So for the shoot part of the workshop Jasmine showed us how she works with clients and gets those incredible shots. I was kinda nervous for the shoot because I am just weird like that. I don't know what my problem is sometimes. The night before we got together and did headshots of each other on the beach and I didn't really shoot. I notice I do this here too at photographer GTG......... I clam up......... I need to stop it! But I finally got in there and started shooting and got some decent stuff. I was lucky and got a few direct looks into the camera shots too! And it was HOT! Don't let California fool you. Poor guy was in a jacket! But he rocked it! He had the sweetest style. And he and his wife......(yes people they are a real life couple!).......were the cutest couple ever!

Location: The Club at Woodbury- so pretty, want to live there
Models: Melinda and Vern- stunning, stylish, artsy, madly in love
Floral: Carissa of JL Events & Design- perfection
Beauty/Hair: Vivian Tran-All Made Up Team- amazing, sweet, artist
Dress: Monique Lhuillier-haute
I could have photographed Melinda all day. She is absolutely breathtaking! Her eyes were doe-like it made her innocently captivating...........
Now let me tell you a little something about a woman named Vivian. She is a master! She can DO hair! When I do hair I throw in a Bump-it and call it a day. Hahaha. This lady sculpts masterpieces out of keratin. Seriously look at that hair! Mad-skillz that Viv!
I love this dress. It fits her body like skin. Delish. And love the uniqueness of the bouquet.

Jasmine's Mom and JD of course were there helping with the food, technical things, and just making sure Jasmine and us were taken care of. Mom must be so proud. She has an awesome daughter. And JD is the sweetest guy ever. Always taking care of his lady. You could just tell he was happy helping her. It was funny because at dinner someone asked him what his and Jasmine's work day is like. He replies scheduled. I joked and said he was a Babywise Husband. He looked at me with the cutest innocent blank face and me and another photographer who is with child just busted up laughing. Don't we all wish we had Babywise Husbands?? Geesh Jasmine's got it all =).
I had the best time at her workshop. Now I just want to just keep going to workshops. I think I am going to be a workshop groupie. Thanks you Jasmine, JD, and Momma Star for everything!

8 comments:

Shawna said...

These are all gorgeous pics, Tina! I'm so glad I got to meet you last week, you are so sweet and talented.

Nicole said...

Beautiful Tina!! You did NOT seem nervous at all. Luckily everyone was sweating and looked a hot mess, so my nerves blended right in. :) It's weird reading moments that I witnessed haha. Hope to see you again!

Kim said...

You got some awesome shots at the workshop. I am jealous. I'll have to go to a j* workshop sometime. Looks so worth it :) Beautiful photo of the "bride" by the way!

Anonymous said...

So proud of you for going to her workshop. You really are a student of your craft and doing your best to learn more and more! These photos are fabulous!!! You are doing so awesome!!!

cassandra-m said...

Tine...Very nice blog. Found you via J*. Your words are so honest and I love that. You got some incredible shots...be PROUD...be VERY PROUD! I love them all. Thanks for sharing. best to you always

Jen Berry said...

thanks for your kind comments. i really love your photos. so beautiful. I like how your perspective is different than mine. So cool that we can be in the same place and see it a lil differently.

Melinda Moen said...

Such beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. I love the one of my husband laughing. Thats so him, a little goofy and handsome at the same time. Best of luck!

Jasmine said...

So fabulous!! Thanks for coming out and you were a JOY to meet in person! :)