Email me!

tina@livelovephotography.com

Kool and the Gang

Kool and the Gang
I am a wife and mother of two. I am a hairstylist and own a studio salon. I love hair, beauty, fashion, and photography! A few other things I love: Baskin Robbins, flan, anything with cream cheese, being outdoors, children and babies, fat baby feet, puppy breath, bright colors, fake eyelashes, Sarcasm, backpack purses, any dance show, anything that is practical yet with a punch!

Labels

Friday, February 13, 2009

How time flys

This week I had the amazing opportunity to do a one-on-one training with a top dog in the Valley, Miss Melissa Jill! A few weeks ago we met for lunch just to get to know each other a bit. And she is so super duper nice! No wonder she has so many friends on Facebook! And I am sooooo jealous of her little dog Dixie's eyelashes! I wear fake lashes everyday. But to see this dog with these beautiful lusicous dark lashes! So unfair! Why? .....Why?

So this week I had the chance to really sit down and pick her brain with any kind of questions I wanted. Which were a lot for me since this was my first "real" photography class. Most of the things I have learned have just been from reading books, trial and error, and blogstalking. I admit I am a full on blogstalker. So if one day if I finally meet you in person and I am just staring at you in awe while you talk....... you will know you were one that was blogstalked! But I am coming out of my shell and starting to comment on other people's blogs and meeting many awesome photographers! Anyway, how time flys!! Our session was for an hour and Wow did it go by fast!! I need like 15 million hours still!



So if you are a new photographer I would highly recommend doing a one on one. She was great. I could ask anything I had a question on or needing clarification. She showed me examples with her work and critiqued mine. Gave tips on blogging and meeting clients. She is having a workshop in May which I am totally bummed that I can not attend. This economy is putting a cramp in how I like to roll, darn it! But if you can attend, I totally would. It sounds like it is going to be 2 days chock full of info. I forgot to get a picture with Melissa but she did draw me a wonderful drawing which is probably worth more than an autograph! Thanks again Melissa! Hopefully I can book another wedding here so I can attend your workshop!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you blogged my drawing! Now you've exposed me for the fraud I am!!! :) You are truly a joy Tina.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Teen - Glad you had fun!

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Good for you...learning from the best! Her photos of Graham & Stephanie's wedding were so gorgeous!