Email me!

tina@livelovephotography.com

Kool and the Gang

Kool and the Gang
I am a wife and mother of two. I am a hairstylist and own a studio salon. I love hair, beauty, fashion, and photography! A few other things I love: Baskin Robbins, flan, anything with cream cheese, being outdoors, children and babies, fat baby feet, puppy breath, bright colors, fake eyelashes, Sarcasm, backpack purses, any dance show, anything that is practical yet with a punch!

Labels

Friday, February 20, 2009

Jen & Will : a Valentine's wedding

Last weekend I had the opportunity to second shoot with a fabulous photographer Tara Keator of Keator Photography. I had joined one of her groups on facebook and had sent her an email wanting some information on the group. She asked me to second shoot with her and I said YES! My husband was not as enthused as I was since I was going to be gone on Valentine's, but he knew I really wanted to do this so we celebrated Vday on Sunday :)

I met Tara for the first time the day of the wedding. She is an amazing photographer! I love her work and she is great to work with. So cool and laidback. I felt so comfortable with her from the start. She trusted me and pretty much let me do whatever I wanted. She told me to just have fun! She let me direct the bride and groom a little and then take the girls off and shoot them while she did the guys. I don't know much about the bride and groom except they were cool, calm, and very sweet. They were a great looking couple to top it off! This wedding brought back many memories for me since it took place at Val Vista Lakes where I got married 5 and half years ago. They have updated it a bit and it looks amazing. When I got married it was turquiouse and bright white. Now it is more neutral darker tuscan colors and looks much better, not so 80's! It is such a pretty venue with the lake, waterfalls, and lush landscaping. The only thing they did change that I wasn't too fond of was the bridal room. I remember getting ready in this HUGE conference room with lots of space and bright windows. The room now is pretty small and horrible bulb lighting, which if you are a photographer, is a big deal! I had so much fun doing this wedding with Tara. I always like to see how other photographers interact with the couple and guests. I picked up a few tips on shooting and flash too. Thanks so much Tara for asking me to shoot with you! Here are a few of my favorite shots that I got and some more put to my wedding song :)......... CLICK HERE FOR SLIDESHOW





4 comments:

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Nice work! Love the shoe photo (heet to heel)!

Anonymous said...

Rock on Tina!! You work is progressing by the day. These photos are beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment, girl. Lovely shots! :)

And I agree...Tara is SUPER sweet and talented.

Anonymous said...

Great pics - excited to see how great they turned out at Val Vista Lakes, since you will be shooting Gwen's wedding in a little over a month!