Email me!

tina@livelovephotography.com

Kool and the Gang

Kool and the Gang
I am a wife and mother of two. I am a hairstylist and own a studio salon. I love hair, beauty, fashion, and photography! A few other things I love: Baskin Robbins, flan, anything with cream cheese, being outdoors, children and babies, fat baby feet, puppy breath, bright colors, fake eyelashes, Sarcasm, backpack purses, any dance show, anything that is practical yet with a punch!

Labels

Monday, August 3, 2009

Roller Derby!

So yesterday the family got together and celebrated my niece's 7th birthday at the local roller skating rink. It was so much fun and a workout! I could totally feel myself tightening my whole body just so I wouldn't fall. It reminded me of cheer practice and when I would be high up in the sky standing like a flamingo perched on someone's scrawny teenage arms. They would scream up at me from the ground to squeeze every muscle in my body, pretend you have a quarter between your cheeks and you can't drop it! Really people?? How about I just let it rain money?? HeHe!

Anyway my skating ability came back quickly and I was rollin' around that rink pretty smooth to the beats of Lady Gaga and the Black Eyed Peas. Then this guy shows up. You can call him Mr. Michelle Kwan but on roller skates instead of ice skates. He was crazy awesome! Maybe a little over the top for a Sunday afternoon full of kids but nonetheless, pretty cool to watch!! It was hard for me to take pictures because the lighting in there wasn't the best but here are some of him. He was doin' those crazy ice skating spins.............




He did some fancy dancing footwork. I think he did some double axles too! Jumpin' and spinning in the air! Then he does this thing and looks like a pretzel and gets himself fully parallel with the ground as he takes the rink's turn..........

Then my daughter turns in her game tickets for a prize and chooses this rubber stretchy hand. While she is playing with it and whips it around it goes really long and gets caught in the wheels of a young teen skating by......Oye! Poor kid! He didn't get hurt but I think he was more embarassed cause he fell and I didn't make it any better and kept asking him if he was okay. I think he just wanted to get the heck out of the eating area where everyone was looking at him. But then he couldn't get the rubber thing out of his wheels and so my husband had to help him. My daughter felt really bad and this is what my daughter does when she think she is in trouble or hurts someone.........

But it ended up a great and entertaining family Sunday afternoon!

1 comment:

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Did Thuy wear her tiny pink shorts with the white ties up the side?! I hope so! I still wish you would have had your 30th at Skateland...that would have been fun!