Email me!

tina@livelovephotography.com

Kool and the Gang

Kool and the Gang
I am a wife and mother of two. I am a hairstylist and own a studio salon. I love hair, beauty, fashion, and photography! A few other things I love: Baskin Robbins, flan, anything with cream cheese, being outdoors, children and babies, fat baby feet, puppy breath, bright colors, fake eyelashes, Sarcasm, backpack purses, any dance show, anything that is practical yet with a punch!

Labels

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you amazing mothers! I am having a wonderful day thus far. I am unfortunately not going to see my mother today as she is working . But she is an amazing woman. She is one who showed me strength and how to be a strong mother and wife. My family is from Vietnam and my mother came to this country almost 35 years ago with my father to start a new life. When she and my father tell the story of picking up 2 of my sisters, one of my sister's being as small as 7 months, and leaving everything behind inspires me all the time. I could not even imagine what it would be like to just pack up and leave and have not an idea where to. I think about how my mother sat on a boat packed as sardines not being able to get up or else she would lose her spot. Literally sitting in the same spot for weeks. No bathroom. Nothing. My dad trying to make a fire to boil sea water to make formula for my sister. All the while with a 3 year old and a 7 month old. And I complain about taking two kids to the store?? If my mother can do that, I can do anything too. Days I feel like I have had it up to my eyeballs with my kids whining, I remember what my mother did and does. Even to this day she is in her early sixties, still working full-time. Yet every chance she gets she has one of her 10 grandchildren. That is what makes her happy. The funny thing is my mom won't read this. She does not have internet. Nor does she know or have seen my work. It was so cute when one of my sister's gave her a Christmas card with photos I took my mom held onto it like gold. My sister told me it was funny because she had left it at the restaurant or something and my mom freaked out and had to go back and find it. If only she had the internet and could see my work now! My mother is a very practical and humble woman too. She wants nothing, needs nothing. Just her grandkids. So of course for this Mother's Day I made a big print of a picture I took at Easter with 5 of her grandchildren that live here. I hope she likes it. In fact I know she will love it.

4 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Yes she will love it! Your mom is awesome and I hope you had a wonderful day Mama.

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

That is really sweet. You need to print the post for your mom, so she can appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

It can not be more beautiful than this. Nice post.
DAD

Live.Love. Photography said...

Okay kinda funny. I set it on my mom's dining table to surprise her. And it was big print 11x14 and framed. She didn't see it!! I stopped by the next day to see her and she was mad at me cause I didn't call her back! Then I showed it to her and she freaked out of course! My mom is funny!