Email me!

tina@livelovephotography.com

Kool and the Gang

Kool and the Gang
I am a wife and mother of two. I am a hairstylist and own a studio salon. I love hair, beauty, fashion, and photography! A few other things I love: Baskin Robbins, flan, anything with cream cheese, being outdoors, children and babies, fat baby feet, puppy breath, bright colors, fake eyelashes, Sarcasm, backpack purses, any dance show, anything that is practical yet with a punch!

Labels

Monday, December 15, 2008

Rendahl Family

So I am behind on blogging and I just started blogging. Could I be more unorganized? But really it is because I was working before my site was up, so I have to get all those families up! So I might be working backwards and posting the recent sessions so they can get their sneak peeks, then going back and posting past sessions.........

This is the Rendahl Family. This little boy made me laugh the whole session and then made me smile again looking back at his face the whole time I was editing. He was really cautious about everything. Didn't want to go near the water or be high on a ledge. And super tall! Mom said he was in 5T and he was 3! But seriously look at his little face! Love him!


Love his smile! Such personality!


Mom did a great job with wardrobe choice. I love the blues and the scarf! So this is what I know about wardrobe from my modeling days when I would go for headshots and test shots. Mom had asked me about wearing black. And personally I don't prefer black. Or white, unless it is a wedding of course. White is better than black though. The best colors for photos are solid colors. If you are going to go with a prints, do something simple and not too busy. The little boy's simple stripes are perfect. The reason I don't prefer black is because I feel it is too dark. Unless you have a vibrantly colored setting it doesn't really stand out. And when processed in black and white or sepia tones there is too much contrast. With other colors the contrast is more subtle and will still show up as a "color", even in a black and white photo. NOW, this is totally MY personal opinion. If you feel comfortable wearing black by all means do so, because the most important thing when taking photos is to feel comfortable, who cares what the picture lady says! And if the setting is super lush and green or you are up against a red brick wall or something, it would look awesome. But sometimes you get dead winter grass :( So if you want to wear black just think about other darker colors too such as brown, navy, or gray (like this dad). Here is one in black in white. See how his dark shirt isn't so harsh, unlike the black stripe on the boys sweater.
Thank you Rendahl Family for working with me and letting me meet your little (big) man! Click here to see their slideshow!

No comments: